Saturday, August 25, 2012

Know What Really Grinds My Gears?!

Dogs that beg. Really. Fawking. Pisses. Me. Off.
Scenerio: You're over at a family members house, they've spend hours preparing a nice meal that has been planned for weeks. Ya know, the kind of thing your parents maaade you go to as a kid. Everyone sits down to eat, at the table, all awkwardly and whatnot because it's family and nobody really likes each other anyway and, well, you know how it goes. So to add to this already super duper situation, you're sitting there and this huge dog...Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. The bigger, the better...anyway, huge dog comes up and sticks it's nose practically  in your plate. Now, I expect cats to have personal space issues but even they know better than to get on the table when the table is surrounded by people, and if they don't then the owner is at fault and possibly a complete idiot. So this dog has it's face in your face while you're trying to eat, of course it doesn't listen to you... So whoever's house this is, perhaps Uncle Fred & Aunt Edna, they're constantly yelling at their dogs to leave you the hell alone & let you eat. Meanwhile across the table Cousin Eddie is feeding the fucking mutts under the table, which Fred & Edna encourage. Uhm...Why do you think they fucking beg while you're eating?! 
    After you all make it through dinner and are already super pissed off...the leftovers are not divided up & offered but fed to the dogs, in the dining room, where you all just finished eating, straight from the table to the floor. Soooo...The dogs just got rewarded with the food that they wanted from the very beginning. It's not their fault they beg. This is the part where I have to step outside to smoke a cigarette, (even though I'm not a smoker & everyone knows this), or for fresh air, or something...to keep from open-handed-slapping Aunt Edna straight across the face or even grabbing the dish the meat was served on & literally just hitting Uncle Fred upside the head with it!!

*Point number 2, which is basically the same damn thing....
   As if Edna & Fred aren't pissing me off enough already... They're grandbaby is coming over later. So Uncle Fred baby-proofs the house. I don't mean baby gates and whatnot, I mean the kid is a year old and likes to get into stuff which apparently means removing all the decorative stuff from the coffee tables & everything within reach every time the kid is over. Which is a few hours each day. 
   I don't have kids or anything so maybe I'm wrong here but if the kid is old enough to be curious...maybe you should begin teaching him the things he can and can't play with. Such as...Hey kid, don't bang shit on the coffee table! Coasters are not for you! Putting candles in your mouth is yucky!
What the fuck does moving it every time do?! Geez. Oh, the kid has been taught to share his food with the dogs though!!

My dear mother tells me she feels sorry for my kids, when I do have them. Maybe my ideas are a bit strict but never will I see my dogs knock over my baby because they're used to food being shared with them. I do not plan to move something two or three times a day so my children don't get into it, they will know better. There are things they can play with & things they can't. So why not teach them the difference when they begin to be curious about those things? My dogs will occasionally eat what I do. They'll be rewarded for not begging & fed a treat either outside or near the back door...not where I eat. See how that works? Yikes people...





No comments:

Post a Comment